BBQ Pork Spare Ribs
Full rack of pork spareribs
Smokin’ Coals & Buzz;s Butt Dust Rubs
Smokin’ Coals Original BBQ Sauce
- Trim off the skirt meat and excess fat on the back side (bone side) of the rib slab.
- Starting at the end with the longest bones, using a sharp hefty knife, cut the rib tips off even with the longest rib bones (St. Louis Cut).
- Remove the membrane and apply dry rubs, one layer of Smokin’ Coals (for spicy) and one layer of Buzz’s Butt Dust (for mahogany color) .
- Place on the cooker bone side down for 1 hour @ 250 degrees.
- Begin to mist ribs lightly with apple juice. Flips every 30 minutes until the proper color is achieved (approx 2 -3 hours)
- Remove from cooker and wrap tightly in foil.
- Return to the cooker, in the foil, meat side down checking every 30 minutes until proper tenderness is achieved and bone draw is observed.
- Remove from foil. Place back on cooker and glaze with BBQ sauce for 10 minutes.